Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer SPF 30 does it right

1:47 AM

I was sent this product to try and fell in love.  I have very oily skin and I have a difficult time using makeup primers because of it.  I am also sensitive to silicone based products and have tried other primers with silicone and had no success with them.

This is what Dermalogica says about the Age Smart Skinperfect Primer SPF 30:

Smooth away fine lines, brighten and prime for flawless skin and to prep for make-up application. Velvety silicones create an instantly smooth surface. Neutral tint helps balance tone and enhance luminosity and radiance. Peptides and AGE Smart® actives help firm and shield against MMP and free radical damage, as sunscreens shield against sun damage. Wear alone over your moisturizer for visible smoothness and luminosity, or after moisturizer application and before foundation to help fill fine lines for a lasting make-up finish. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.
At first I was hesitant to use this primer because it contained silicone, but this is not your run of the mill silicone primer.  The texture is smooth and easy to apply.  It's tinted but the color fades to almost clear.  It has just enough color to even out slight skintone discolorations without altering your skin color or undertones so you can still use your regular shade of makeup.  It also does not oxidize (change color) on your skin throughout the day, even if your skin is oily.

A little goes a very long way and you only need a little to spread on your face.  I have used it two different ways.  One as a spot primer to help even out texture and flaws and then another as a full face primer.  Both worked splendidly.  My skin felt great, and my makeup lasted all day!!!

What makes this product special is that it's a skin treatment, a primer and it helps to protect your skin from the dangerous rays from the sun.  I love that this has an SPF 30 but you don't smell the SPF or feel the burn some products with SPF can cause on skin.  It provides a decent amount of SPF to shield your skin and prevent premature aging.

Don't see the words "age smart" and think this product isn't for you!!  This product works well regardless of your age.  If you have any enlarged pores, lines, uneven skin texture or uneven skintone, this product is perfect for you.  I love it and have used it now for almost 3 weeks and I can't imagine wearing makeup without it.  Unlike other silicone based primers, the Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer SPF 30 doesn't feel like you have a gross and heavy film on your face all day.   When you apply it, it melts into your skin and you can't even feel it.

This product is for all ages!!  I'm in my early 30s and I let my mom borrow it.  She's nearly 60 and fell in LOVE with this product and took it from me and is using it now.  I went and bought a new tube from a local Dermalogica dealer because I couldn't go a day without it.  She says it's the best primer she's ever worn and she's used YSL, Giorgio Armani, Chanel and Guerlain primers and she prefers the Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer SPF 30.

I highly recommend this.  You will love this product.  Oily skin, aging skin, it doesn't matter.  It glides on smooth and helps your skin look luminous and fresh, protects it from the sun and prolongs makeup wear.  Win win!!!

Works especially well with the Active Moist moisturizer before applying.

Here's a video provided by Dermalogica on how to use this product.




Disclosure: 
This review contains a sample product sent for consideration by the brand or its PR firm.  Our priority is to you, and we honor that commitment by being honest! We don't do paid reviews or guarantee reviews. We're going to give you the truth and nothing but! For more information, please read our disclosures & policies page.  This specific product was sent by the brand for me to try and review on their website.  I really like this product so I decided to do an additional review of it on my website as well. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect