Out of touch...

11:09 PM


Have you ever been so consumed with work, stress and life that you lose touch with your true self and your inner wants and desires?  I know that I have.  In this world where technology is advancing so quickly and time seems to fly by so fast, how do we keep touch with reality?

I must confess that lately work and my own personal issues have really monopolized most of my time, thoughts and energy.  I've neglected this blog and my other more interesting endeavors in lieu of working and stressing about my job.  At the end of the day though, work is only something that pays the bills.  Don't get me wrong, it's vital and necessary to work to provide for myself and my son but it's not the most important thing in life.

Lately I've felt so out of touch with myself and even those I love because I've allowed the stress and pressure of the world and my job and the economy dictate how I act and what I do and I haven't put enough emphasis in finding a little time to enjoy life and those that I love.

Sometimes you have to just look out into the sunset and take the moment to see all the beauty around us and to appreciate it and let the stress of the day melt away so that we can be the best possible version of ourselves.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect