Isolation

4:04 AM






Have you ever felt isolated and just so consumed with life and your daily comings and goings that you loose the free time you used to treasure to do other things?  Well I sure as heck know how it feels.  I don't know if you've noticed (though I'm sure you have), What Jean Likes blog has been sadly neglected lately.  I've been so consumed with my day job that by the time I get around to writing, I'm so exhausted and wiped out that I've passed out at my computer desk several times.  Yeah, not so awesome.  

Ah the joys of being a single mother with a full job and a photography business to run who also decides to write a blog!! Hahaha. That's why I'm literally up at nearly 4 am typing this...it's the only free time I have (and I just woke up after falling asleep at my computer desk a couple hours ago). 

Though What Jean Likes blog has been on the downturn lately, I do have some really lovely things to share with you all soon and lots of photos and posts to get up on the blog.  The photo above is from my hike up Makapu'u in the thick vog (volcanic fog that is hot and full of sulfur from the volcano that rolls in from the Big Island of Hawai'i).  It creates this awful haze that just chokes you as you walk and creates a balmy, sweaty, hot weather situation that isn't cute or good for your lungs, hair or skin.  Yay!

I don't know why I decided to go hiking when there was vog.  It was probably just the fact that I had some free time and my son loves the outdoors so I decided to indulge him and hiked with him and a 50 lb backpack full of my camera gear.  Yeah I'm smart like that ;)  Despite the heat, the hard breathing and the backpack I shouldn't have brought with me, the hike turned out to be a fun time with my son.  He's awesome though, so it's not hard having a good time with him.

What have all of you been up to? Let me know in the comments!! I miss truly interacting with all of you!! I hope you have a wonderful and lovely Aloha Friday and if you haven't already, please stop by this week's Aloha Friday blog hop to make some new friends and get some more followers!!!  (Oh and let's not forget the great giveaway going on!!)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect