It's been a heck of a year...

10:51 AM


The year is more than half over and I've been so neglectful of my precious blog.  I got married in early January and things just got more and more hectic. I feel so terrible for not blogging at all but I had so much going on that I couldn't find the time or the energy. I'm sure by now with the photos in this post, you know why I didn't have the energy... I'm pregnant!!  

My husband Andrew and I definitely weren't planning on having a baby so soon after getting married but God's timing is perfect. Shortly after our wedding we conceived our beautiful baby girl and I'm currently 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  To tell you the truth, it went by pretty quickly from finding out I was pregnant in mid-late February to now where I'm at the point that I could give birth any day and she'd be healthy and strong.  To be quite honest, I'm still rather worried and anxious about her coming into this world safely.  I trust in Jesus to bring her out of me safely but I've seen so many heartbroken mamas who carried full term and some beyond and their babies were stillborn.  It frightens me so much even contemplating that possibility. I just trust in God that He will bring my baby girl into this world healthy and strong.  Any prayers you could send our way would be greatly appreciated. 

As for her name, we have one picked out and will announce it when she's born. Super excited to meet my little darling girl!! My son Alaka'i is the most adorable big brother to be ever. He talks to her in my tummy and tells everyone she will be "personally" his baby sister and will protect her. He's wanted a sibling for so long and now God's finally blessing him with one. 

This is how our journey started.

In March I went to my OB to check/verify that I was in fact pregnant and turns out, I was!

After months of appointments and some ultrasounds where it looked like I was having an alien, I reached my 28th week and we had an ultrasound to have a better idea of what she'd look like since she was plumped up a decent amount by then. As you can see from the ultrasound photos, my baby girl is camera shy and doesn't like having her photo taken. She literally turned away from us and into the placenta and cuddled up to the placenta often times hiding her little precious face. 

She's smiling in this picture as she hides her face from us. I guess she thought it was funny. ;) 


So we went back at 31 weeks and did another ultrasound and got a few more pictures. Although she was still quite camera shy, she let us see her little chubby face much more. She literally had her hand up on her face covering like we were paparazzi or something "no pictures please!" 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This will teach your dog to try and get a treat, or your praise and reinforce to them that what they just did was something you want them to keep doing.
    play bazaar satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. For this reason, chiropractors recommend following a natural birth process and having your baby checked by a chiropractor early on play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete

Search


Connect