On A Clear Day your skin will feel new!

12:24 AM



I've been a fair weather fan of Philosophy's On a Clear Day Retinol Clarifying Lotion for over a year now.  I love the way it works but my lust for new products causes me to occasionally stray from one of the few things that keeps my skin clear of acne and the nasty scars they leave behind.  Call me fickle, but when I read of a new trendy product, I lust after it and eventually buy it, convincing myself that this new product will change my skin forever!   If only that were true!

I recently rediscovered my love for this product when my skin broke out like crazy after using an "all natural oil" that was just too rich for my already oily/acne prone skin.  It was one of those moments where you feel like slapping your forehead with the palm of your hand in amazement of how gullible you were.  Doh!

Needless to say that I had some blackheads, some whitehead and some cystic acne emerging on my face and my chin and I wanted it gone ASAP so I went to Sephora in search of a new product.  After trying out different brands and reading labels, I came across my former love, Philosophy's On a Clear Day Retinol Clarifying Lotion.  I looked at it in the box and reminisced on how for the short amounts of time I used it, my skin would be clearer and the texture of my skin would be smooth and more even.  I then wondered why I ever stopped using this product to begin with!!

Next thing I know, it's in my basket next to some lip gloss and eyeshadows and I was in line ready to buy, eagerly waiting to go home, wash my face and put this lotion on!  After about 2 weeks back in lust with my old flame, my skin is clearing up and the scarring I had acquired during my breakup from the Retinol Clarifying Lotion is beginning to fade.  Le sigh...

Philosophy's On a Clear Day Retinol Clarifying Lotion costs $40 for 0.75 oz of product.  It's not the cheapest product out there but a little goes a long way.  This is not something meant to be packed on your skin and slathered.  Using less than a dime sized amount for your entire face is more than enough.

These are the product claims:
On A Clear Day® Retinol Clarifying Lotion
What it is:
A multitasking complexion treatment.
What it is formulated to do:
Bid 'farewell' to acne, congested pores, post-breakout scarring, and signs of aging with this all-in-one skin problem solver. Philosophy On A Clear Day® Retinol Clarifying Lotion contains an expert blend of beneficial ingredients that work synergistically to promote overall skin clarity and inspire a youthful, healthy glow.
What else you need to know:
This gentle, paraben-free product refines the skin's texture, helping to minimize the appearance of large pores and skin discoloration. Natural extracts calm and soothe the skin while hyaluronic acid provides hydration to prevent over-drying. A patented microsponge delivery system allows for gradual release of retinol, which keeps irritation at bay even for sensitive skin. Keep in mind that skin confidence leads to self confidence. When you believe in yourself, science, and Philosophy, miracles can happen.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates

As I stated before, a little goes a long way.  You can use this as a treatment pre-moisturizer or alone as a moisturizing lotion if you have super oily skin.  I have rather oily skin but I prefer to use this as a treatment before my moisturizer and sunscreen.
Note:  It is very important that you follow this product with sunscreen if you use it during the day because the retinol in this product will help to exfoliate your skin and clarify it, but it will also make it more sensitive to sun and its harmful rays.  You should always wear a good sunscreen anyway but you have to make sure that you definitely use one while using this product!
I have rather sensitive skin and have yet to experience any problems with this product causing skin irritation.  Use it sparingly so your skin can get used to it and let is absorb into your skin completely before applying moisturizer and sunscreen.

 Positives:
  • This product helps to clarify the skin of acne and scarring without being too harsh. 
  • It's smooth and creamy texture is free of the harsh smell that many acne products posses.
  • It works!  (At least it has for me) 
 Negatives:  
  • It's a little pricey considering you don't get that much product (keep in mind a little goes a long way).


The most important piece of advice I can give you about this product is that you should test it before you buy it.  Not everyone will like it and some skin types may be too sensitive.  If you are using other acne treatments, make sure you ask your dermatologist or skin care professional if this product is right for you.  I personally love it and it works well for me.  I hope that you all love it as much as I do!

Availability:  Sephora


Disclaimer:  This product was bought and paid for by me.  I was not paid to review this, I was not asked to review this, and I'm not receiving any compensation whatsoever for this post.  My personal commitment is to my readers and to give them accurate, honest, and unbiased opinions on products.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect