Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail..

2:40 AM


A couple of weekends ago my son and I went hiking with my sister in law, her daughter, sister, mother and nephews.  It was such a nice day and a wonderful experience.  I've been trying to be more active and it was a nice excuse to take some photos.  The water was blue and clear and so was the sky with the exception of a few clouds.  Even though the sun was shining bright and hot on my skin, the wind provided a nice cool breeze to keep me from really feeling the heat.  It didn't hurt that I was wearing my awesome Dermalogica sunscreen (which I will review later this week).  Regardless of the direction you look, you're a snap away from a postcard worthy photo.  There's a beautiful lighthouse that you can see as you hike and then of course, the beautiful beach below.  

There were so many shades of blue that a person could spend all day up there trying to count and name them all.  As I gazed down at the clear, blue water at Makapu'u beach, I reminisced on fond memories of spending every day there body boarding and swimming through and under the waves. Before I had my son, I literally spent at least a year at the beach every single day and Makapu'u beach was my favorite one to go to.  The current is strong, but the water is clean and clear and so refreshing.  I miss body boarding.  I don't think I would be much good at it now haha.  I went there every single day I was pregnant (except for a few days before I gave birth) and some of my fondest memories were laying in the sand and feeling my son kick in my tummy.  I can't believe that was 11 years ago.  Time flies.

I hope you all enjoy these pictures and are having a wonderful week.

YOLO! 

My neice Alohilani enjoying a piece of fried chicken while she takes in the beautiful view. :) 


I am so blessed to live in Hawai'i.  I have traveled all over the west and east coast of the US and throughout Europe and though I have seen some amazing architecture and beautiful sights, nothing is quite like Hawai'i.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect