Weekend at the beach

6:08 AM


It's summer and I've been working so much that I almost forgot. Thankfully my 10 year old son hasn't forgotten about it. He's been begging me to go to the beach and I finally found some time to do it. We went with my brother and his family for an all day fun day at the beach and had a blast. The water was the perfect clear shade of aqua that I know and love.  Entering the ocean again was so refreshing, there's nothing else quite like it.  As the waves wash over you, you can feel the salt tingle on your skin and it awakens your senses. It's a sensation I have loved for years but miss so often. It was a wonderful day and we all had a great time. 

I took some pictures with my point and shoot Lumix and a Fuji Film XP Waterproof camera. I haven't used a point and shoot in so long. It's much more convenient but the quality of the photos reminds me how spoiled I am to use a good DSLR. The Lumix is a great point and shoot made by Panasonic and worked fine but it's hard to really know the photo quality when you're looking at a screen in the bright sunlight. I was disappointed in the Fuji Film XP's performance. Then again, it was only around $100 so I guess it works fine considering the low price point. For the price, it works great, just beware of sand, lens fog and water drops on the lens.  

We went to a beach called "Sherwoods" in Waimanalo, Hawai'i.  It's where I grew up going with my dad and brother.  The water is clear, the sand is soft and the current isn't too strong.  









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect