Dry, cracked or scaly skin? Yu-Be will end it all...

12:33 AM








Since it's getting chilly here (not very cold to most of you) and frigid throughout most of the world, I thought that it would be a great time to talk about a product that will help to soften and moisturized your dry, dehydrated or cracked skin.

I came across Yu-Be at Sephora a month ago when I got it as a free sample when I ordered something.  I instantly fell in love and went in search at my local store for more products.  Unfortunately, my local Sephora was fresh out of their tubes of Yu-Be cream so I went online to sephora.com and was pleased as punch to find that they had larger sizes of this amazing product as well as a lotion!

This is the most popular and widely available version of the Yu-Be Moisturizing skin cream.  At roughly $16.00 for 1.25oz, it's not what I would consider cheap but it works much better than any other moisturizer, oil or vaseline ever did on my rough elbows and knees.



Here's a little history about the brand:

It was 1957 when a young pharmacist named Yoshikiyo Nowatari first introduced his now famous moisturizing cream to Japan. His creation was invented at the request of a woman long-suffering from dry, cracked skin. She was tired of using petroleum-based skin care products that she found to be greasy, messy and ineffective. With the help of a chemist and a special manufacturing process, he created a glycerin-based moisturizer that would go on to be one of the longest-selling skin care products in Japan and the #1 selling medicated, vitamin-enriched cream on the market.

When I found out that it not only performed amazingly but was enriched with vitamins, I was sold.  There is a larger size of the Yu-Be Moisturizing Cream.  It comes in a plastic jar (see below) and for $25 for roughly 2.75oz of product, it's a much better deal.


There are several other products all of which you can find on the Yu-Be website or Sephora.com.  I also got the Yu-Be Moisturizing Lotion (pictured at the top) which is roughly $29 for 10.25 oz of product.  You get a lot more for your money buying the lotion but the consistency is different than the Yu-BeMoisturizing Cream.


As you can see from the photo (above), the Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream is much thicker and almost like petroleum jelly consistency but without the greasy feeling.  The lotion is less thick and easy to spread.  In my opinion, the skin cream is best when used on rough, cracked or scaly skin like elbows, knees and heels.  For those of you who suffer from severely dry skin on other spots of your body, this will be your miracle worker! The moisturizing body lotion is better when used to moisturize larger parts of the body.


  Positives:
  • Both products went on well and moisturized my skin all day without feeling greasy or heavy. 
  • Both products eliminated my scaly and dry skin and left it smooth and supple.
  • Only a small amount of product is required to moisturize your skin, a little goes a long way.

  Negatives:
  • The packaging isn't very attractive despite how well the product works.
  • I wish there was more product for the price but at the same time, a little goes a long way.



Final Say:
Despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the packaging and I wish that you got a little more for the price, it's an amazing product.  The price isn't unreasonable ranging from $16-$30 but many people might just reach for the cheap petroleum based products which are far cheaper even though they don't work half as well as Yu-Be products.  I would definitely go to Sephora, sephora.com or the Yu-Be website and at least get a sample of this.  I'm willing to bet that you'll fall in love at first try.  


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect