Guest Post: Candy Cane Whipped Cream5:53 PM
Top your holiday desserts with this bit of sweet enchantment: Candy Cane Whipped Cream.
Candy Cane Whipped Cream
- 2: 6-inch candy canes (you’ll need ⅓ cup finely crushed candy cane)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the candy canes in a gallon size Ziploc® Freezer Bag. Place a kitchen towel over the Ziploc® bag. With a heavy skillet, meat pounder or a heavy can, pound the candy canes until completely pulverized with no sharp shards remaining; set aside.
- Pour the cream into a large mixing bowl. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 30 seconds. Increase the speed to high for 20 seconds or until soft peaks form and the volume has doubled. If you like stiffer peaks, beat for another 10 seconds (be careful not to overbeat or you’ll make butter!).
- Fold crushed candy canes into whipped cream. Serve immediately or store for up to 8 hours. tip: if you have leftover crushed candy canes, sprinkle on top of the dessert!