Guest Post: Winterize Summer Dress!

9:24 AM

Hello What Jeans Likes readers! I'm Lauren, a personal style blogger at Fizz & Frosting, where I focus on budget-friendly fashion for both work and play! One of my goals for this year was to get more wear out of the items already in my closet. As a girl on a budget, I knew that it'd be the perfect way to save moolah while pushing my style boundaries at the same time. Win-win, right? One of the ways I've done this is by winterizing my Summer dresses with layers!
Work appropriate summer dress in winter

I started with a spaghetti strap striped dress and I added my warmest, fleece-lined tights (thanks, Urban Outfitters) and layered on a blazer. Accessories-wise I made sure to select bolder, chunky pieces to add a heaviness to the look overall.
Winterize summer wardrobe work Add heavy, chunky jewelry to winterize outfit
Dress: J.Crew Stripe Derby Dress (similar), Blazer: Kenneth Cole Reaction (similar, worn here and here), Shoes: Madewell (similar, worn here), Tights: Urban Outfitters fleece-lined tight, Belt: H&M (similar), Bracelet: Stella & Dot, Necklace: Stella & Dot, Earrings: J.Crew Factory Fireball Studs, Glasses: Firmoo

  accessories to winterize summer dress

I can't wait to winterize this dress for the weekend as well. I'm envisioning wearing boots, layering with a knit sweater, and bundling up with a chunky scarf. How do you get more wear out of your Summer clothes this time of year?

Check out more amazing posts like these at Lauren's blog Fizz and Frosting

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The result could be catastrophic. By removing your dog's collar before you crate them you are acting to protect them from being strangled to death.
    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete

Search


Connect