On Teething and Ear Infections...

7:32 AM


Ear infections and teething, oh how I hate thee! I forgot how truly terrible it was to watch the baby you love and protect go through the pain inflicted with teething. Arielle is cutting teeth here, so far only one is starting to break through although many are following. It feels gritty like sand paper buried in gum tissue and oh, the poor little darling, she is in pain. She's a tough little trooper though, still smiles and laughs and is actually quite a well behaved little 7 month old (she turns 7 months old tomorrow, yikes!). She's more fussy than normal and naps have become shorter yet she keeps on pushing, keeps on trying to crawl and wants to constantly cuddle her mama and dada. I love the cuddles even though I hate seeing her suffer through the teething process.

To add insult to injury, she's also got a double ear infection that came with a runny nose. She's been yanking at her ears and even her hair (sometimes ripping a handful of her wispy hair out).  After a day or so of her doing this, I thought that I'd take her to the pediatrician. Better to be safe than sorry!  I'm so glad I did because he gave me the antibiotics for her double ear infection and although her ears are still bothering her, she's feeling better since we went.

It's been 13 years since my Alaka'i was this age and I forgot how much pain the little ones go through when they teethe and have ear infections. Sadly Arielle is her mother and father's daughter and both my husband and I were prone to ear infections growing up. I can't believe that she's old enough to get teeth already!! Wasn't it just yesterday that I gave birth to her, held her in my arms and swore to protect her and love her until the end of time?  It seems like time is flying by at such a fast pace that milestones are happening sooner than they feel like they should be.  She's already wearing 12 months in her clothing. What's next? Walking? Yikes!!! Slow down, precious baby!! Mama wants to savor these moments just a little longer.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Common causes of hearing loss while aging are tinnitus and prebycusis. Tinnitus can be diagnosed by a buzzing or ringing in the ears and prebycusis is just a gradual hearing loss due to aging. play bazaar satta king
    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  2. satta king play bazaar
    play bazaar satta king The added pregnancy weight can put pressure on your back and neck causing discomfort.

    ReplyDelete

Search


Connect