A Day That Will Live in Infamy...

1:26 PM


On this day, December 7th 1941, Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japan.  The attack was brutal and marked the official entry of the United States into World War II.  My grandfather Henry who served proudly in the Navy, was near Midway island when the attack happened. Thankfully he survived though so many others didn't.  The war took it's toll on my dear grandpa, eventually killing him as a shard left in him from the plane that hit his ship made its way down to his heart causing a heart attack long before I was born.

It's truly important for me to honor the Veterans who have served/are serving our country.  Without them, we wouldn't be free to live as we do.  I am proud to be the granddaughter of a Navy fighter in World War II.

Edmund Burke famously said:

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.” 
Let us hope and pray that the horrors of the past are not revisited in the future.  I hope you all take a moment to think of those lives lost in World War II.   So many lives were lost on all sides, let them not be lost in vain.

xo,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect