Sunday letters

10:36 PM


Monday is but a few hours away and I'm sitting here dreading the upcoming work day.  The "day job" takes so much time and energy out of me but I don't mind it.  I just sometimes wish that I had a job that I loved or that I could spend more of my time with my son or doing the things I enjoy so much like photographing or blogging.  I'm just thankful to have a good job to be honest, especially in this economy...  Wouldn't it just be lovely if we could all do something we love for work?  To do something that I have passion for, to be creative all day and get paid for it, boy oh boy how I would love that! I rarely get the chance to be creative in my day to day life. 

Actually, tonight is  a rare occasion for me where I have a chance to be creative and do a little decorating of sorts.  I'm not a decorator by any stretch of the word, I lack the talent for decorating in the sense that the room never quite ends up looking as beautiful as I had imagined it in my head.  Thankfully I'm not decorating the house tonight, the type of decorating I'm about to do is that of my Christmas tree.  

This year I bought a Grand Fir tree instead of my usual Douglas Fir or Noble Fir.  I decided for something new because I've grown rather bored with my "usual" type of tree.  Walking into the living room is like heaven right now because the fragrant aroma of the Grand Fir is fragrant and fresh.  The scent is one of the main reasons I decided to purchase a Grand instead of the Douglas or Noble.  I really wanted the house to smell like Christmas, especially since Hawai'i has been so voggy and humid lately (not the typical winter-esque weather in Hawai'i).  As I sit here and contemplate how I'm going to adorn my full, fragrant tree I notice that I have quite a bit of cleaning to do underneath it first.  Setting up an 8 foot tree alone is not the easiest thing in the world to do. I had to saw off a few inches on the base of the tree because it was a tad too tall for my ceilings.  I am thankful that I have a wonderful stand this year that adequately holds the weight of my lofty tree because about 2 years ago, I had a tree with a sub-standard stand that decided to tip over and fall on me.  It was quite an unpleasant experience because not only did it create a huge mess, but my hand got cut by one of my favorite ornaments straight down to the bone, ouch!  

I think the theme for the tree this year will be abundance.  I am going to make this tree sparkle and light up my entire living room and fill the branches with ornaments.  I am so thankful for all that I have and I just want to celebrate the season to make it the most memorable Christmas ever.  The tree and all the adornments are wonderful as are the presents but the true reason I'm so joyful is because this is the time of year where I celebrate the birth of Jesus, my Savior who died for my sins.  It's also the time of year I celebrate my own son's birth (on December 23rd) so there is much to be joyful about.  Well, off to decorate my tree I go!  But before I leave, here's Sunday's letters. 

Dear December, welcome!  You came much quicker than I had anticipated but I'm glad you're here. 
Dear Alaka'i, you are growing up so quickly into an amazing young man.  Oh how I miss the years when you were a little baby but how I love watching you grow.   Don't grow up too quickly!
Dear "day job", please be kind to me.  I feel like I always have more work to do and never enough time to get it all done.  I hope to get everything done that my bosses have directed me to do in a timely manner so I still have enough time for the things I enjoy. 
Dear Christmas tree, please don't fall on me this year.  Please hold my ornaments and decor with strength and pride for I dearly enjoy decorating you! 
Dear garden I have yet to water today, be patient, I will water you before the sun rises. 
Dear future husband (whom I have yet to meet), hurry up and cross my path soon... I'm starting to worry I'll never meet you!! 
Dear Christmas movies, thank you for coming on the television.  I've grown bored with some of the filth on t.v. lately and I greatly enjoy the comfort of sharing the movies I grew up loving with my son. 
and most importantly...
Dear God, have mercy on me even though I don't deserve it.  Forgive me for all that I have done and will do wrong and guide me down the right path. Thank you God for all your blessings because I don't deserve them.  Even on my worst day, I am doing better than I deserve. 

I wish you all a happy December and the happiest of Mondays.  Oh how I wish the weekend would linger...

Aloha,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect