Despair

1:57 AM


Words seem empty when our world has gotten so twisted and evil that a child cannot go to school without the fear of death at the hand of a mad man.  

There were posts I had written and planned that I just can't bring myself to post just yet.  The needless death of 28 people, 20 of them children.  Little children between the ages of 5 and 10 brutally shot and slain for what? I can't wrap my mind around this and how anyone could be so evil that he would shoot an innocent child.  

As a mother of a 10 year old and an aunt to a 5 & 2  year old, my heart just breaks for the parents and families of these murdered children.  When I heard the news of the tragedy that occurred on Friday, I had just dropped my son off at school.  My heart dropped as I watched the children being evacuated and the families sobbing in fear and heartbreak.  I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel to lose your baby so unexpectedly and in such a way.  I must confess that I called the school to make sure they were taking precautions just because I wanted to make sure my boy was okay.  When I got him home I hugged him tightly and explained to him what had happened and how much I love him. 

I feel so helpless and wish there was something that could be done to make it better, to comfort those families suffering the loss of their loved ones.  All we can do is pray for the families of all those who were murdered or injured.  I read a very beautiful prayer on another blog that I will share now.

Our dear Heavenly Father we lift up all of the families who lost their precious little children and other family members in the shooting at the elementary school today. Our hearts are broken for the children and adults who were killed this morning in the Connecticut shooting. Our heart aches for those parents, teachers, children and families. They said on the news that this is the worst school shooting in American history. Lord we know You were present with each and every one of them as their lives were savagely taken too soon. Lord we pray for the kids who were there today who saw the shooting, had friends killed, heard the gun shots. God please hold their hearts. Please comfort them. Lord, I pray for the teachers and adults please show them Your love. That You’re in their midst, You are a Refuge and in Your presence there is no fear. Lord may You be glorified in this situation. Please bring people to You,  restore, comfort, save, hold, uplift, and be ever present now. We ask that you comfort the members of the families that are left behind to mourn their loss.  Let your words “I am with you” comfort each family member and keep them from falling into the depths of despair over this unimaginable loss. Having the comfort of knowing that someday very soon they will see their loved ones again.  Lord we pray that the police are given Your wisdom as they handle this terrible tragedy so that justice will be served swiftly. In Jesus name we pray, Amen and Amen.  God bless you all.
All my love and aloha goes out to those families and all of you who are saddened by this tragic and needless loss.

Aloha,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect