Juice Of The Day: Green Dream

7:30 AM


So I'm back on my juice fast but this time I'm not doing a full fast.  I'm swapping 1-2 meals a day with fresh juiced vegetables and juice. Normally I drink a glass of juice a day and still eat 3 small meals but I really don't need to eat when I juice.  I was just being a little indulgent.  I haven't gained any of the weight I lost back but I need to keep going because I'm far, far from my goal.  Though I'm a full 40 pounds lighter than I was a year ago, I could healthily lose another 70 lbs or more and be at what my doctor said would be my optimum health weight.

Before I juiced, I was sick all the time, bloated, moody, I had more hair fallout, I wasn't regular on my cycle and I knew I wasn't pregnant because well...I wasn't doing anything that could lead to it.  I was just a physical mess and that's why I initially started working out and juicing.  Since we're being honest here, since we're all friends I feel  like I can tell you that... I haven't worked out at all in almost 2 months...  I know.... today was my first day back at the gym and I felt like I was run over by a train.  I need to get back into the groove and back in to shape!!

This is one of my favorite go-to juices.  It's a couple of recipes I mixed together and I always make enough for two because either I'm visiting my mom or my son is with me.  I call it the "Green Dream".  I've made a picture how-to below.  I hope it helps you if you decide to juice.  Though I use a Breville which is ah-may-zing, there are lots of super affordable juicers like Juiceman or the Jack LaLane juicer which are really affordable and do the job credibly.  I believe you can get one of those brands at Costco right now.



Now that I'm juicing a couple meals a day, I have so much energy and I feel just so much better both mentally and physically.  Eating right and working out is good for the mind, body and soul...for the whole person.  It's definitely worth missing the bad foods that taste oh so good.

You can skip the ginger if you want, some people don't like the taste of ginger.  If you're just starting out, I would use an inch or less of peeled ginger just for the taste but not so it overwhelms the flavor of the juice.

I hope that you all are having a wonderful day and night.  I can't believe how fast this week is flying by.  What are some of your health, exercise and eating tips!!  Share and link any posts you have in the comments below!!

Aloha,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect