Shades of Lavender..

2:25 PM


Lavender is one of my favorite scents and colors.  In fact, I literally begged my parents to paint my room purple when I was a little girl.  I've always been partial to shades of purple whether they occur in flowers or in the evening sky as the sun sets in the horizon, they all create this overwhelming sense of peace and tranquility in my soul.

Though living in Hawai'i doesn't allow for the beautiful reds and yellows of the fall leaves or for snowy white winters, it does allow for a perpetual sort of springtime and summer with the flowers in bloom and the sun shining bright.  The only thing missing are the vast fields of lavender that you see when you're visiting colder climates.  Not all kinds of lavender plants grow easily here in Hawai'i- unless you go to cooler areas like Kula, Maui where Ali'i Kula Lavender grows in beautiful abundance.  I haven't been there in years but it is truly one of the most beautiful places I've seen.

The photo above is one I took of some dried lavender that I brought home with me to keep a little piece of beautiful Kula with me.  Every quarter or so I order a new, freshly dried bouquet of lavender along with some of their other lavender themed products like lotions and oils and their satchels to keep my drawers smelling fresh.  I just really have a penchant for all things lavender.



Today I had a lavender latte for the first time at Island Brew Coffeehouse and boy, was it yummy.  It's actually what inspired today's post.  I went to go take Alaka'i for some awesome lunch, you know... just mommy and her boy time.  It was great.  Afterwards I was buying groceries and decided to get a latte since I was right there and well, you know, I love coffee.  I was surprised to see the variety of flavors they had and when I saw the words "lavender" and "organic", it's like my soul cried out with a loud, resounding YES!  I've been there several times but just a quick in and out and no real time to browse the menu or try anything new. But I digress, this post is about lavender... I'll post more on the coffeehouse another time.

Here are some of my favorite lavenders for Spring 2013.


Ok well I know the Butter nail polish isn't just lavender but aren't they quite lovely? 

I'm in love with this ruffled lavender and pink Nina Ricci Floral Print Chiffon Dress, however over price and out of my budget (and not made in my size) it may be...

Here are two really cute, breezy lavender dresses from Urban Outfitters here and here.  Much more affordable and perfect for spring. 

Speaking of shades of lavender, have you noticed my blog design update?  Well about a month and a half ago I decided to completely change and overhaul my blog.  I'm kind of an eclectic person by nature which allows for me to have a wide array of interests.  It does however, lead to a lot of impulse shopping and indecisiveness on colors and layouts for my blog.  The first version of the current blog design you see right now was very similar but there were tons of colors, lots of fonts and just too much going on.  I am a sucker for fonts and I had like 5 different ones going on and though alone they were all lovely, together it just didn't work.  Anyhow, the last few days I felt the need to simplify so I replaced the contrasting colors and too many fonts with a white/gray/deep lavender color combination and a few fonts that I think work well together.  I also put a gray filter on a lot of the sidebar buttons and links so the focus is kept on the content and on my sponsors.  I hope you like it.

Happy Spring to all of you and may you have a wonderful and lovely weekend wherever you are!

Aloha,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect