Beauty Seen Is Never Lost....

12:01 PM

© What Jean Likes Photography 

John Greenleaf Whittier once said:
“Beauty seen is never lost, God's colors all are fast.”  (Sunset on the Bearcamp, 1876 )
I don't know about you, but I try to take time out to enjoy as many sunsets as possible although I must confess that I haven't actually purposely gone to watch the sunset in quite some time.  The wonderful thing about purposely making a point of enjoying a sunset or sunrise is that it never leaves you. You can close your eyes and transport yourself back to that place in time and it helps bring a peaceful calm over you even in the most stressful situations.

As a landscape photographer who's constantly "chasing the light", I would try to find the perfect locations to capture the beauty of the sunset in the horizon.  On this day I was at a place called Magic Island to the left of Ala Moana Beach Park with my son Alaka'i just watching the sun fall below the horizon in the west.  Of course, I had my camera with me... I would never purposely watch a sunset without it!

I love this particular photo more than so many other sunsets I've shot because I literally had to do little to no editing on this photo.  I just cropped and sharpened.  The colors were naturally vibrant although I did add just a little vibrancy to make it pop but very little post-processing was done to this photo.  It's just God's perfection as I watched it live.  The golden hue was truly bright and rich and the contrast between the purple/blue of the water growing dark from the looming dusk that follows the sun as it fades below the horizon created such a lovely contrast.

Happy Wordless Wednesday!! I'm working on the March Aloha Friday Blog Hop Team post today and some other exciting posts.

What are all of you up to?

Aloha,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect