Food Inspiration: 5 Sweet & Simple St. Patrick's Day Treats

1:13 PM


I love Yesterday on Tuesday. It's a lovely blog full of recipes, crafts, DIYs and so much more.  Every time I visit this blog, I leave inspired and geared up to try a new crafting project or DIY or recipe.  I have to confess, I have little talent for crafting and I'm an average cook so I really enjoy the inspiration to make me want to try new things and grow.  
Did I mention the lovely woman behind this blog is my first cousin Malia?  Yeah. Small world right?  Well she's fabulous, beautiful and has always been an inspiration to me.  Like her mother, she exudes class and elegance even when she's not trying to.  I love her so much and I  look up to her and wish I were even half the woman and mother she is.  She has a new blog design that I am totally jealous of (truth be told)!  You have to go check out her blog Yesterday on Tuesday.  
Back on to the topic at hand...I know, I ramble when I'm tired and excited... when I went to look at her lovely new blog design, I saw these amazing St. Patrick's day inspired treats!  Although I'm on my diet, it doesn't mean that I can't create at least one of these yummies with my son Alaka'i.  Check out all the yummy sweet treats below!
5 ST. Patrick's Day Treats Collage
What’s St. Patrick’s Day without some SWEET TREATS? Here are five sweet and simple treats you can create to celebrate St. Patty’s Day. Whether you bake them up for a class party or for family or friends, these are yummy desserts that you’ll have fun making.
PIX - Leprechaun Crunch

LEPRECHAUN CRUNCH

Ingredients:
  • 1/8 cup of sprinkles (shamrocks sprinkles are fun),
  • 1/4 cup broken pretzels,
  • 1/2 cup marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal, 
  • 18 oz (approximately 1 1/2 bags) of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Chips,
  • a 9 x 9 baking dish and parchment paper.
Directions:
  • Line the baking dish with the parchment paper.
  • Put the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 1-minute intervals, stirring each time until chips are melted (a rubber spatula does the trick).
  • Pour melted chocolate into lined baking dish, and smooth over with rubber spatula to make as flat as possible.
  • Add pretzels, marshmallows and sprinkles on top and gently push into chocolate.
  • Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
PIX Shamrock Surprise Rice Krispie Treats

SHAMROCK SURPRISE TREATS

Ingredients:
  • 6 T butter,
  • 10 cups mini marshmallows,
  • 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal,
  • green food coloring,
  • shamrock cookie cutter,
  • MNM’s,
  • Pam cooking spray and
  • two 13 x 9 pans
Directions:
  • Spray both the baking pans, rubber spatula and the cookie cutter.
  • Microwave the butter until melted.
  • Put the marshmallows in a large, microwave safe bowl, add the butter and microwave until melted– mine was a minute and 15 seconds.
  • Stir it well, adding a few drops of green food coloring.
  • Coat the cereal well and spread in pans.
  • Cut out the shamrocks.
Cut out as many shamrocks as possible. I got 24 total shamrocks. Here’s the FUN part:
Place some MNM’s on top of one shamrock and put another shamrock on top, making a secret shamrock sandwich!
You're probably thinking....wait...where are the other 3 treats?  You can view those and more on Yesterday On Tuesday directly by clicking {HERE}.  Believe me, you want to see the other treats!! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search


Connect